Gadebusch maintains partnerships with four municipalities.
With the community Trittau that lies about 15 km east of Hamburg before, on 10 February 1990 signed a partnership agreement. The place was in 1239 in connection with the construction of a chapel first mentioned. In the Arms of Trittau is the oldest surviving building in the village - shown - the 1701 built grain mill. Listed building built in 1860 and is also the parish, since the 70's town house. The church is only in part, older than the corn mill, the tower was built around 1890. The "Napoleon Bridge" was built in 1810.